Real Benefits for Real Professionals
Professional active or Associate AMTA members are covered automatically for both Professional and/or General Liability occurrence form insurance.UP to $2,000,000 per occurrence and up to $6,000,000 annual aggregate coverage.Coverage often exceeds the requirements of physicians, chiropractors, health clubs, spas, and resorts.
2. Continuing Education
AMTA is a leader in quality, affordable continuing Education. Extensive AMTA educational opportunities; AMTA Online, Spring State Conferences, and Fall State & National Conventions help you meet your continuing education membership & State License requirements. All are “Approved Providers” of the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB).
3. Keeping current
AMTA keeps you up-to-date with news about your association, your profession, massage legislation, trends in health care, Public opinion & attitudes about massage therapy and efficacy research results.Your AMTA resources bring you the latest:
- Annual Report (annually)
- Massage Therapy Journal (quarterly)
- Hands On Newsletter (bi-monthly)
- AMTA’s website – http://www.amtamassage.org
4. Business Building
AMTA provides tools to help you start & grow your practice.
- Free websites,
- Discounted business cards
- Supply Discounts
- and more!
5. Ethics & Standards
- AMTA ensures quality entry-level training through the Commission on massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA).
- AMTA members abide by a Code Of Ethics
- AMTA’s Standards of Practice mean safe, consistent norms are followed by members.
6. Legislative Advocacy
- AMTA creates a favorable legislative climate for the practice of massage therapy.
- AMTA operates a Law & Legislative Assistance Program (LLAP) that has provided over a half million dollars to advance fair licensing and legislation for a diverse coalition of massage practitioners.
- AMTA meets with city & state legislators to positively impact new and revised massage legislation.
- AMTA reviews healing arts and CAM licensing bills weekly so they can respond to prospective licensing affecting the massage profession.
- Members can access summaries licensing bills at AMTA’s web site -http://www.amtamassage.org
7. Promote Awareness
- AMTA’s campaign for positive national and local media coverage has resulted in greater acceptance of massage therapy.
- AMTA’s public relations efforts reach over 500 million potential clients annually for you.
- AMTA is educating physicians and other healthcare professionals about the efficacy of massage therapy and how to locate qualified AMTA Professional members for referrals.
- AMTA is supporting over 2 million visits to AMTA’s web based Public Information Center.