The AMTA MN Sports Massage and Community Awareness Team Needs You!
We are looking for some good massage therapists to join our Sports Massage and Community Awareness Team.
We have a number of organizations that would like our help. This is a great way to promote massage therapy and yourself as a professional massage therapist.
I have other organizations asking for our help, with some events being volunteer. Please contact me if your are interested in more information.
If you are interested in being on the sports massage team, or are interested in only doing this specific event email Tom Rotman for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO IS THE SPORTS MASSAGE TEAM?
We are a team of volunteer massage therapists who give pre/post massage to amateur and professional athletes at different sporting events throughout the state.
The AMTA Minnesota Sports Massage Team has worked with Grandma’s Marathon, Twin Cities Marathon, FANS 12/24 Hour Race, Ironman Bicycle Ride, Get In Gear 2k/5k/10k/Half Marathon, MS 150 Bike Ride, and many other events. Members of our team have been hired to work with professional and collegiate sports teams, private athletic club teams, and individual elite athletes.
We strive to create a positive presence of the AMTA and its members within the athletic community. With 20 years of operation within the state we work hard to create strong relationships with other organizations and set the standard of education for the general public.
- Professional member of the AMTA – MN Chapter AND
- Completed the Sports Massage Team Training OR have been an active member (1+ events per year) on the team for 2 consecutive years
Students are encouraged to volunteer and must:
- Be currently enrolled in a Sports Massage class or have completed a SM class through their school AND
- Attend a AMTA Sports Massage Team Training AND
- Carry current liability insurance through their school as a SECONDARY liability to the AMTA student membership (students must have BOTH liability insurances)