The member driven Minnesota Chapter of the American Massage Therapy Association is an advocate for all Minnesota therapists through legislative advocacy and consumer awareness.
- We are a diverse and nurturing community working with integrity and honesty
- We are a member-driven organization of ethical professionals.
- We embrace excellence in education, service, and leadership.
- We endorse professional standards and support fair regulation of massage therapy.
- We believe that massage benefits all.
All the benefits of a national organization, including liability insurance, continuing education, and member discounts, PLUS connectivity with your community and colleagues through state chapters. That is why “It’s a great day to be AMTA!”
Real Benefits for Real Professionals
Professional active or Associate AMTA members are covered automatically for both Professional and/or General Liability occurrence form insurance. Up to $2,000,000 per occurrence and up to $6,000,000 annual aggregate coverage. Coverage often exceeds the requirements of physicians, chiropractors, health clubs, spas, and resorts.
2. Continuing Education
AMTA is a leader in quality, affordable continuing Education. Extensive AMTA educational opportunities; AMTA Online, Spring State Conferences, and Fall State & National Conventions help you meet your continuing education membership. All are “Approved Providers” of the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB).
3. Keeping current
AMTA keeps you up-to-date with news about your association, your profession, massage legislation, trends in health care, Public opinion & attitudes about massage therapy and efficacy research results. Your AMTA resources bring you the latest:
- Annual Report (annually)
- Massage Therapy Journal (quarterly)
- Hands On Newsletter (bi-monthly)
- AMTA’s website – http://www.amtamassage.org
4. Business Building
AMTA provides tools to help you start & grow your practice.
- Free websites,
- Discounted business cards
- Supply Discounts
- and more!
5. Ethics & Standards
- AMTA ensures quality entry-level training through the Commission on massage Therapy Accreditation (COMTA).
- AMTA members abide by a Code Of Ethics
- AMTA’s Standards of Practice mean safe, consistent norms are followed by members.
6. Legislative Advocacy
- AMTA creates a favorable legislative climate for the practice of massage therapy.
- AMTA operates a Law & Legislative Assistance Program (LLAP) that has provided over a half million dollars to advance fair licensing and legislation for a diverse coalition of massage practitioners.
- AMTA meets with city & state legislators to positively impact new and revised massage legislation.
- AMTA reviews healing arts and CAM licensing bills weekly so they can respond to prospective licensing affecting the massage profession.
- Members can access summaries licensing bills at AMTA’s web site -http://www.amtamassage.org
7. Promote Awareness
- AMTA’s campaign for positive national and local media coverage has resulted in greater acceptance of massage therapy.
- AMTA’s public relations efforts reach over 500 million potential clients annually for you.
- AMTA is educating physicians and other healthcare professionals about the efficacy of massage therapy and how to locate qualified AMTA Professional members for referrals.
- AMTA is supporting over 2 million visits to AMTA’s web based Public Information Center.